Makita RP1801XK

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billw

The Tattooed One
Reaction score
I need a router and reading plenty of threads on here the consensus seems to be to get a 1/2" one because it'll be useful for longer. I've found the Makita RP1801XK for £259 inc vat and wondered if anyone had one, or could yay/nay the model?

I have one. I bought it 6 years ago and put it straight into a router table. It has been used for many, many hours and is faultless. =D> =D> =D>

For maximum versatility using the router freehand and in a router table, I would go for the Trend T11
The T11 allows you to adjust the height from above the table and below (using a fine height adjuster)

Its a very long philips head screw. You have to drill and countersink a hole in the plate.

Not dificult, just requires a careful "measure twice cut once" approach.
After a while I got fed up with the philips screwdriver, and used a theaded rod with a 10 mm nut on the end. Then I used a 1/4" socket and a speed drive handle.
To be honest, I dont think the incra aluminium plate is thick enough for this approach. It worked in the kreg phenolic plate, but after the second plate warped on me I went to incra and now have a home made dirt cheap lift made out scraps..

Back