Makita router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was looking around, I generally found that most available socket head cap screws were either stainless or high tensile. Stainless tends to be a bit soft in my experience and I wanted the socket head to last a long time so I went with high tensile.

I'm not aware of anywhere you can get a machine screw (i.e. fully threaded) of that length with a hex socket head.

How many would you like. (Ha Ha)! ;)

I know it's of little help to you all in UK but here I can walk any 2 out of 3 of my local DIY Emporia and buy a choice of either MS or SS bolts OR machine screws at 150 mm long costing about 8 or 9 Swiss Francs (a bit over a fiver) for a box of 10 off.

As said above, I have no current experience of UK but though (of course) I do believe you I'm also VERY surprised at what you say. Just the name "Screwfix" suggests that they would be ideal (but as above, I've never been inside one).

But surely buying on line should be no problem, even for a small qty like 10 off? What about trying some Model Engineer's suppliers as listed in the sticky at the top of this section?

Good moaning folks!

So, to be fair to AFFF, it is quite tricky to find a regular mild steel bolt with a hex head in long lengths here in the UK. I can only assume we're over them!! :ROFLMAO: Plenty of regular head bolts and machine screws...

I would suggest that if you get no higher than an 8.8 then we should be fine as my M6 die is pretty fresh. If you can find a 6.6 then even better but best not buy a 12.9 as I will be crying!..

I'll pm you now..

Back