Makita MTL100 Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphs14

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Can anyone give me advice please weather or not to buy a Makita MTL100 table saw. Looks good but I heard that the main body is plastic. Is this a disadvantage? Also is the top, looks like pressed steel up to the job? They seem to average about £350 on line but I can't find a retailer where I could go and see one before I buy it.
Thanks

Peter

I bought a Metabo TS250 from FFX Tools recently (they've since put the price up a bit) after reading varying reviews about the Makita saw. Like the Makita, the top is aluminium and the body is plastic which keeps the weight down and means that it's low maintenance (don't have to worry about cast iron rusting if it gets wet) as it's designed primarily for site use, so I don't see it as a disadvantage per se. I'm altogether happy it as it cuts very true with a little bit of adjusting first, though the noise is a slight issue as it's got a brush motor.

Sorry I can't comment on the Makita, but the Metabo is a similar price so might be another option?

What will you be using it for?

Mark

Hi Mark,
I am being made redundant as a car sales manager after 20 years and have made furniture and joinery in the past. I am setting myself up as a self employed handy/odd job man with a van. I need a saw that I can carry to jobs and use in the workshop to make furniture etc for sale. Money is obviously an issue so I need to get the right one for the job without spending a fortune. The Makita just looked quite good value but the only review I have seen was by Makita themselves so I spose It's bound to liik good.
Pete

Latest posts

Back