Makita mechanics set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in the future the halfords professional range cant be beaten! i have the 200 piece set which really has most thing you will ever need, just a add a long breaker bar and not much will get in your way.

Adidat

Halfords Pro range is very good. I heard somewhere that they're made by Facom, so if true, should be good enough for most people !

Quite reasonably priced as well.

Already have some of the Halfords kit and your right its very good, the Makita just seemed a bit of a bargain at £100 less, time will tell.

The lidl sets look better than that and they are vanadium. Makita seem very bad for selling their name onto poor quality tools. I had a drill bit set with their name on it that was awful.

Rorschach":33sds3j2 said:
The lidl sets look better than that and they are vanadium. Makita seem very bad for selling their name onto poor quality tools. I had a drill bit set with their name on it that was awful.

I love Makita power tools, especially their LXT stuff, but I never buy their consumables as they're usually expensive and not very good, apart from their plunge saw blades for the SPJ600 which are quite good for the money.

MikeJhn":1txjpydj said:
This looks very convenient everything in one case so I bought it: https://www.tooled-up.com/makita-227-pi ... Newsletter and not impressed by the quality, its not Chrome Vanadium, feels very soft to the touch, don't think it will stand up to any hard use, only time will tell.

Seems I was wrong, they are Chrome Vanadium, just not shiny like most others, the set itself had proved very useful, having the spanners and sockets in the same place, the box if very heavy duty and likewise heavy.

When I was working on aircraft in the olden days I found the only thing shiny chrome did was to allow easy cleaning. The oil and grease wiped off easily. I actually preferred wrenches that had a honed, pebbled, rougher surface finish. They didn't squirt out of my oily hands when I was in the most awkward of positions. :wink: I can't comment to the quality of the Makita set you bought but you would only get a couple three Hazet wrenches for the same money so maybe they aren't so bad.

Pete

Back