Makita Maktec Belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning - Does anyone have experience of the Makita Maktec hand held belt sander.

I like the Makita range of tools and have had good results with them but this one is about a thord of the price of the blue line range.

Would it be fair to assume this is a DIY tool only?

I am only a hobbyist woodowrker but would still prefer something of substance and not likely to blow up after a couple of uses.

Many thanks

David

Never heard of maktec range before but I assume it is like the bosch green range.
However I have a makita 9404 belt sander which is totally bulletproof. I have had it for many years now and it never fails, I have done a whole floor with it in a day, and use it all the time.

The only thing I have had to replace is the cork pad and the slippy graphite sheet (£12 ish) .

I would worry about the robustness of DIY range tools, I have never had any luck with the bosch green range or stuff like ryobi. Usually regretting not spending the extra cash on the good stuff in the first place.

Back