Makita LS1219 Mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrod316

Reaction score
Hi All,

looking into purchasing this saw, does anyone have any comments on this saw?
Also looking for a dimension - from fence to back of body as not sure i have enough room behind my work bench to accommodate it?

Thanks

I have the dewalt equiv...bought this because at the time only De walt made that kinda saw......305mm
yes, it takes up a lot of room.....
got fed up of dragging it about.....didn't like the idea of a their rack/stand.....
so mine sits perm on a table with heavy casters......I can get the whole thing in the back of my T4 VW truck.....
be totally lost without it.....
PS... would have bought Japanese if they were around at the time.....but cant fault the Dewalt product this time....
always accurate.....

I wonder when these were released.
I don't think they were around six years ago when I was in the market. I certainly didn't know about them if they were.
I ended up buying a dewalt which fitted my bench space.
Not imo as refined as a makita but does my job, so far without problems.

I already have the dewalt 780 for site works, very good but very cumbersome & heavy! I have a dewalt pull out saw for w/shop but hate it,only tilts one way and angles not as accurate.

Yes mine only tilts one way, but then I've never once used that function.

Hi pedrod
I have the smaller LS1019L bought a couple of years ago and am very happy with it. I might have been lucky as I know a couple of members on the forum weren't quite so impressed.

Looks like a decent saw that takes a good poke at solving the main snag I suffer from with mine...the Bosch glide based saws do something similar too. Like how repeatedly accurate my saw is but hate how much room you need behind it 🤬 Got one of these:
34B56232-E5BA-4F7A-952D-5A072433D07D.png

Back