MAKITA LS1214 LX - OH YES INDEED !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogerthedodger

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a knock on the door two days before Christmas. Yo Ho Ho said Santa.

Actually it was a sweaty rotund TNT courier chappie who bid me cheerily "Good Day" and asked for a hand to bring in a hefty package currently residing in his van. OK ok - that's a lie too. His had the right hump and his request and the venacular language he used to describe my christmas presi contravenes the posting rules of this forum. I can tell you he was non- too impressed by the weight of my new toy.

Having carted it indoors I fully sympathise and can take his point. It is definitely a tightening of the truss jobbie when picking it up.

Getting it out of the box my heart was in my mouth. As the proud owner of a number of internet pups - all bought, paid for and cringed over , my tatty reputation (and marriage) depended on me getting this choice right. I had researched the options on this very forum amongst other info sources.

I got a shock. The build quality IMHO is fantastic. I played for some time with the controls and buttons. The first time you work out how to release the blade arm and raise it, then again when you manage to release the rearward moving sawing ram, you get one of those "oooh yes" moments.

You may find it hard to appreciate but due to circumstances too tedious to explain, I have not managed to gun it up yet. This will happen very soon and when i have mutilated some timber, i shall be back to gloat some more.

Actually, the tax man paid for most of it (which was nice) and as I have struggled for the last 12 years with a Triton table, Hitachi 9 inch Circular and a Samson Hand mitre saw, the review is in the bag.

Oh Joy. Any one want a Samson?

Off to polish my makita again

:D :D :D :D

Hey Roger, don't ya know that...

needpict.gif

:wink:

Actually, I was looking at a Makita last week with one of my sons. Nice saws. Congrats!

Take care, Mike

Rogerthedodger":1cbkj1fj said:
Yes Yes patience. Pikkies to follow. I just need to get my clothes back on.

It is very nice, lovely even. Not sure I'd sleep with it, though.

Hi Roger

I'm not even the slightest bit jealous. :^o

When you've got it set up I'd be interested in knowing how well the laser sight performs.

Cheers
Neil

Ive got the ten inch version and it is excellent,much better then the dewalt

No mine is about two years old,we had to touch the blade on the pencil lines back then.
I can never see the point of using lasers because the lines always look too thick to me

Hi Chris

Chris72":2ftx7dib said:
I can never see the point of using lasers because the lines always look too thick to me

My reason for asking is that Makita seem to have everything else sorted on the saw and I was hoping that the laser would work properly as well.

Cheers
Neil

Neil, If you are after a good saw ,I don't think there is any better than these about.I think you are better off sighting off the edge of the blade,you know for certain where the cut is going to take place.As I said before I think lasers are a bit of a sales gimmick.
Chris

Back