Makita LS1013

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well i finally unpacked and assembled my LS1013 on the weekend and not too many bits left over :lol: (must read manuals first :oops: ). Good manual easy to follow , good packing and every thing there . Only used it on softwood so far . Slides like a dream (glides more like), cuts like hot knife through butter even with standard supplied blade .Unusual i am used to putting standard blades on the wall never to be used again but i guess you pay a bit more and you get quality .Although on paper the dewalt has slightly deeper cut i cannot fault the makita .Very user friendly even a depth stop for DADO's whoooo , Cant praise this saw enough .I Will post more details after i have worn it in a bit :D

AP I assume there are preset angle stops, are they spot on and sturdy?

This depth stop, how good do you find it, sturdy, accurate ?

It looks like a good machine. Have fun with it.

I find the whole saws feels solid and accurate adjustment of depth is a bit tricky at first but hey new tools take a while to see all adjustments at first thats why i mentioned about having a look in the instructions first a must do.Usually i dive straight in then when it wont do what i want it to do i then look in the book ,i'm slowly changing though to get the best from any tool read first. I have used a few elcheapo saws and they feel like you are trying to have a fight with them every step of the way . The LS1013 is like a dream to use no brute force req to keep things straight it does not try and shake your arm off and i was supprised how quiet it was by comparison to a nutool saw i bought purely for 4 x 2 stud work is twice as loud . i can only compare with saws i have used which are Nutool , rexon , PP and Bosch (not all compound saws and not all owned by me )

Hi AP

Nice to see someone commenting on the LS1013 - all I ever hear about is how great the DWs are, generally from guys who've never used anything other (some people will buy anything as long as its yellow....). When you've broken it in a bit more I'd like to hear more about it

Scrit

i've had one for about 5 years now.
its great. now i'm saving uo for a smaller one!!!! that i can use for the smaller stuff.

Well its taken a real battering from rough sawn studding to reclaimed oak and a bit of p*!e its performed just as all makita tools i own a solid piece of kit .Be sure to wear a back brace if you want to transport it ,or 4 shredded wheat :lol: .No real surprises here its a makita in all its blue glory .

Hi AP
I have this saw too and can back your comments up 100%. Excellent saw and worth every penny.

A

I have the LS1013 and agree. Although nothing to compare it with, I cannot fault it. For anybody looking to purchase a sliding mitre saw, this one has excellent capacities and is well worth considering. Like lots of good kit it's not cheap but it's worth paying for the quality.

T.

I have to agree here, the Makitas are business for mitre saws. I've had mine for about 5-6 years now and its built many a stage set in a many a theatre, its been on roofs, building sites, gardens......you name it its been through it! And its still has its original blade in it too!! As long as you keep cleaning it it keeps cutting!. A few friends have had the DeWalt and the Delta, but they just don't come close to the Makita! The only one I've seen that seems to be better than the Makitas are the Scheppach Capas range, but then again I'm a big Scheppach fan! :D

SimonA

Back