Makita cordless mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
My Kapex died today, hoping it's just the brushes this time as there was no smoke or burning smell, it just stopped. I'm sending it to Festool for them to check out as it's getting on a bit and could probably do with a bit of a service.

Of course I'm right in the middle of a job where I really need a mitre saw and on past form I reckon it will be a couple of weeks before I get it back working, especially with the Kapex recall going on.

For a while I have been thinking about a little cordless mitre saw to chuck in the back of the van for those little jobs and guess now might be a good time to get one.

I'm on the Makita platform so was looking at theirs, maybe the DLS 713 but it's not that much more for their better models so not sure which to go for.

Anyone got any experience of the Makita cordless mitre saws?

Cheers, Doug

I've used the very small one it was really really light.it did cut square though. it didn't last to long battery wise on 4 by2 tbh

I have a DLS110 260mm twin battery cordless, a colleague has the DLS211 305mm model. They are, in effect, cordless versions of the LS1019 and LS1219 corded saws, respectively. They are an improvement on the previous generation of Makita saws with all the main controls now up front, shorter front to back, with more accurate bevel control (similar in some ways to the Kapex), but the bevel scale is still a bit on the small side, I'm still not a fan of the Mak fence and they are both big bits of kit that weigh a lot. Battery life I'm unsure of as mine has only been used on a few pick-up and snagging jobs where i had no 110 volt to go to. And on that subject I feel that Makita have missed a trick in not making a mains adaptor available like both DW and Hikoki have for their tools

TBH for smaller size general work, like 2nd fix, I think I'd have been better off getting the LS002G 216mm 40 volt saw (had it been available at the time) - still double bevel, but smaller and lighter. The main thing that puts me off them is that it is yet another battery system to get into.

Having tried the 40 volter as well as having the DLS110 I can say that my Kapex us a better saw to use and has far better dust extraction

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

In the end I didn't get a cordless saw (yet), for two reasons.

1. I replaced the brushes in my Kapex and it worked again so it was up and running quicker than expected.

2. After looking at the different models the new 40v saw was definitely the one that ticked all the boxes for capacity, weight, double bevel etc (and it's cheaper than the rest!) but like JobandKnock I don't have any 40v batteries so it is quite a big outlay.

Since seeing the 40v I won't be happy with any of the others so looks like I will be saving up and getting on the 40v platform at some point.

Glad to hear you got your Kapex up and runnng again.

One of my colleagues bought the 40 volt impact driver. The motor head is small, but the battery is a great big lump of a thing in comparison with the LXT 18 volt batteries.

Last edited:
Well, Makita don't really have any excuse. deWalt and Hikoki have both managed to produce mains adaptors for their 54 volt and 36 volt tools, respectively. They do produce an 18 volt light and whole slew of site radios which run on either battery or mains (I have one of the lights, very handy), and they even have (had) a full power site vacuum which runs on 2 x 18 volt batteries or 110 volt mains (again, very handy). So why no mains adaptor, Makita?

BTW when I refer to mains I use 110 volt, which is about the only mains we see until on site until hand over point

Last edited:
I have the Dewalt cordless mitre saw, it’s a bit of a monster as it works on two 54v batteries plus can take a mains cable. batteries last ages too. But pricy but very much worth it - maybe worth the look

Latest posts

Back