Makita AWS Adapter... alternatives?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJM

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in a Makita 18v router, but would like to use it with a corded shop vac; a simple solution exists in the form of the Makita AWS adapter which plugs into the power take off on the shop vac, to give Bluetooth connectivity for their cordless AWS tools. Problem solved...

Not quite. That little Bois of tricks is £200! Whilst I’m happy to pay the asking price for good quality tools, particularly those that spin very fast and/or need to be precise. But this is just a plastic box with some electronics, for which I feel £200 is a bit of a rip off, to say the least! Can those more clued up on electronics assure me that I’m significantly underestimating the costs of development and manufacture of such a gizmo??

Or, more realistically, is there an alternative solution?

Ta very much

I just use a remote operated socket to start the vac. It works with any tool and can be started form anywhere in the workshop.

What that doesn’t do is start the vac as I power up the tool, which is what I want, and it also adds an item to loose or break (the remote). So yeah, it is an alternative, but I’m hoping for something a little slicker.

Back