makita 9401 belt sander drive wheel spec

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ade1

Established Member
Reaction score
evening all, just wondered if anyone has this model & knows offhand the depth of rubber on the rear drive wheel, shredded mine a long time ago and the temp repair with cork is too temporary, so need to get it recovered really. i'm sure its only about 3 or 4mm but if anyone could confirm i'd be grateful! :) cheers, ade

Hi ade1, I have a Wolf branded Makita. I'm sure the spares I bought for it were from a 9401, anyway 910mm x 100mm belt, frightening beast :). One of the spares was the rear, tyred, wheel. The rubber is only 2mm at the edge but the surface is barrelled by about 0.75mm at each end with respect to the centre.

Wifey tried using it once to sand a floor, well you've seen the guy dragged around the floor on his knees, she didn't get dragged around but ended up stretched flat out. It took a long time to be forgiven for laughing, I'm smiling thinking of it now.

xy

thats great, very helpful thankyou. they certainly are beasts, should think on reflection i've done as much damage using it as good!! thanks xy (ask wifey if she'll re-enact it for youtube!). cheers, ade

Back