makita 2012nb models ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al3ph

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently received one, but it differs from what I thought I was buying, it has the separate on/off switch instead of the single black one.

I`d assumed the black one was a later model (mine is 2010 from the serial plate), is this correct or is this a regional variation, i.e. the US get the black toggle, we get the on off but apart from that they are the same. Also the the black toggle version has different exterior colour.

Just want to check before I kickup a fuss about them sending me the old model after specifically asking if the sold (what I think) the later one.

cheers

al

I wouldn't worry, you could call their technical department - they will likely say it's the seller using a generic image and your machine meeting European supply of machinery directives.
Interested to know what you think of it
Matt

Yeah that was my suspicion, I`ll post back once I put some oak through it. It`s meant to be quiet for it`s class, and produce nice shiny faces, fingers crossed.

Shrubby":1p96gfqg said:
I wouldn't worry, you could call their technical department - they will likely say it's the seller using a generic image and your machine meeting European supply of machinery directives.
Interested to know what you think of it
Matt

Well put a few bits of oak through it over the weekend, seems to do a nice job, wood out the other end was nice and smooth, no notable snipe.

It`s also very quiet compared to my bargan bin PT, mine also came with the chip/dust port, handily just sticking a bag on the end works great, no need to repeated emptry my shop vaccum.

Adjustment is nice and smooth, and accurate, also managed to plane a piece down to 5mm without issue.

It`s also a lot faster than my old one, i.e. the feed rate.

£400 well spent :)

Back