Makita 2012 NB Planer Thicknesser Depth Adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I've had this machne for a couple of years and it has worked well. Recently when I adjust the depth I have been getting a clicking noise as I turn the handle. Today it has jammed completely. Does anyone have experience of this or have any idea hwat might be causing it? Many thanks John

Only time I've had a jam was when I was trying to crank it down not realising the depth stop rod was well and truly fully engaged. I've not had any clicking that I can remember.

Thanks Nelsun. Took it apart eventually, oiled everything that seemed it would benefit from oiling and a few bits that probably didn't, put it all back and it works again. Job's a goodun.

Have one for 15 yrs and it jammed up once because the four columns in the corners had become dirty/slight corrosion etc. cleaned them off with scotchbrite pads and oiled them . no more problems. now the cleaning of the columns is part of the regular maintenance.

Back