Makita 18v LXT broken power tool wanted - can anyone help?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndbrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Was not sure if I could post this here:
I am looking for a broken Makita 18v Lithium Ion cordless power tool (new square brick type battery). It does not matter whether it's a drill or a torch or whatever as long as the part of the tool that locates the battery (contacts/ moulded slides / locking mechanism) is intact and fully serviceable. The remainder of the powertool casing above the battery location does matter either.
It's a bit of a long shot, but I hope someone has something lying around. Obviously, I am willing to pay for any postage charges.
Thanks
Nigel

Just noticed your location. I take it you've gone to Engineering Agencies on Halbeath Rd? They're really good.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I know Engineering Agencies well (a fact my wife constantly reminds me off!). However I am not really looking for spares to fix one of my Makita tools, I am really looking for some parts to create something else!
This is why I need the complete battery section of the tool including the plastic casework and contacts that hold the battery.

I see. Its still worth a try though. They may have a something beyond repair someone dropped off the 10th floor. You never know. Worst case is you have to buy a torch body only, about £23.

Back