Making the most of a budget table saw, mitre saw and bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Eric, I wasn't aware it was incorrect! Do you have a suggestion for a blade that may be suitable and of a similar type?

curtisrider":1f4f9znu said:
Cheers Eric, I wasn't aware it was incorrect! Do you have a suggestion for a blade that may be suitable and of a similar type?

:oops: Er no. I use the same one as you, but I do take a deep breath each time and work VERY carefully.

I guess anything 250mm with neg rake would fit (30mm bore?). I'd go for Freud if they have something suitable. I've fitted a few to Elu/DW SCMS in the past, and have one for my tablesaw, and they cut very nicely indeed.

As an aside, that is a heavy blade - the saw plate is quite thick. That gives it a lot of mass, meaning that, when sharp, it probably cuts quite cleanly, but it's also got a lot of kinetic energy. My saw doesn't have a brake, and I experimented a few years ago, with a view to fitting one, using light bulbs to dump the power into. It's easily capable of instantly blowing old 60W bulbs, and one reason I shelved the project was simply the difficulty of handling the energy pulse reliably. I could brake the blade, in theory, rather well, but I'd get through rather a lot of light bulbs and relays rather too fast. I was looking at electronic switching, but that brings different problems.

The KE has a big bearing on kickback: if it occurs, any kickback is likely to be more severe with that blade than something lighter or smaller diameter.

E.

I didn't notice any signs of kick back but i'll be wary and get saving for a new blade. The Einhell has an electric brake anyway which is a nice safety feature!

I collected a Dewalt 712 10" sliding mitre saw today for £50, it has a slow motor and the guards doesn't work properly, fortunately I have figured out the issue for both and they are free/easy fixes so should have it up and running when I get back to the workshop! It came with yet another one of these Trend blades though, typical!

Hi do you mind telling me where you got the washer for the Evolution saw blade change please.

Back