Making skirting / door case / architrave?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha :D
If you've got this far with a house build I would imagine you know where your most precious asset should be spent.

And yes I mean time, cos you can't buy in any more of that......

Indeed, it's that balancing act of time and money. I could run up a massive mortgage throwing cash at it, and then have no time for the family cos I'm working to pay it off and keep what has been built. I could do it all myself and make the mortgage much smaller, but then I have no time for the family because I'm building the darn thing..

Perhaps I should never have started, and just bought a house at was already done.. But then it's back to the massive mortgage thing, cos to buy what I've built would be even worse than what I've spent already.

Actually, building it first then having the family would have been most sensible - I never appreciated what a luxury free time is until I had kids!

PAR beech is coming in at about 3 quid a metre, so I dare say it's looking like that'll be the result.. Much as it robs me of an excuse to buy new toys..

Would it not be cheaper to buy veneered mdf then edge band it if you just want square sections? My company build multi million pound apartments in London and we use veneered stock majority of time so that you get consistent grain colour and uniform finish

Back