Making cylindrical moulds for resin casting.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOTTNICK

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can suggest what I can use to make cylindrical moulds.
I want to use some resin with burrs I have been given.
I have rough turned them and want to fill the spaces with resin. I have just got myself a pressure pot.
As resin is expensive I want to make bespoke cylinders to put the burrs in so I don't waste expensive epoxy when I fill them.
I am guessing that some flexible plastic sheet with tape and silica sealant would do the job.
However, I can't think where I can source something that would do the job.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Nick

I use various sizes of plastic pipe from 1" to 6", a spray of silicone release agent and turn a plug to fit the tube and seal with hot glue. Used many many times. I just put a saw cut from top to bottom and seal this with brown parcel tape (really good with resins as it doesnt stick) then when the resin is cured remove tape, split along the saw cut and remove. Just make sure the tube is short enough to not foul the top of the pressure pot or vacuum chamber. LARGE.jpg

I use various sizes of plastic pipe from 1" to 6", a spray of silicone release agent and turn a plug to fit the tube and seal with hot glue. Used many many times. I just put a saw cut from top to bottom and seal this with brown parcel tape (really good with resins as it doesnt stick) then when the resin is cured remove tape, split along the saw cut and remove. Just make sure the tube is short enough to not foul the top of the pressure pot or vacuum chamber.View attachment 95903
That sounds good. I have 4" pipe, but didn't think to look for something of a larger diameter. I can now see 6" plastic ducting in web search. Perfect!

Back