Making a toboggan and need help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adidat":1guaqsvi said:
looks laminated to me? have considered building one as my grandad owns a large hill, and we had fantastic snow fall last year, not so fantastic when you ride a motorbike.

adidat

Yip, on closer inspection could well be laminated.

I want to make one now! The last time I went sledging was about 6 years ago in North Wales. Don't do what I did, which was toboggan down a hill previously used by livestock :roll:

Noel":1inru68e said:
Eric, trunking over the runners a good idea I imagine? Blue alkathene?

Just this stuff:
78747.jpg

Only the clip-on cover part, as a facing. Obviously it distorts on the curve of the runners but that doesn't matter: it goes like greased lightning. That said, the round form would probably be even better - you can bend it in the steam from a kettle spout - also that 'Swish' brand of curtain track would probably work, but it's heavier.

If you do make one, keep it light - unless you want to do all the work of pulling it up the hill again!

So curved runners are better than a broad plank with a curve cut in it.

Perhaps you could watch out for someone chucking out an Ikea chair, the sort with nice curved laminated supports, and build on that.

Back