Making a tambour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgian Dubh

Established Member
Reaction score
Some weeks ago I posted images of a recently completed cabinet, see below. I've worked up a description of making the tambours for the cabinet at this link. If other visitors to this site have such a task to undertake themselves in the future perhaps some of the techniques and methods I used may be useful.

I apologise for making you click on a link, but as you'll see if you go there, there's quite a lot of information, and it would take me quite some to transfer the text into a message box here along with making sure all the images are properly placed. Slainte.

Torpedore-1-350px.jpg

A realy excellent description, thanks for posting. Tambors are on my (ever incraesing) list of things I would like to try.

James

Thanks for posting - it's fascinating to see a little window into the professional way of going about things.
I now know that tambours are something which realistically won't make it onto my list of things to try - though I do admire the skill of those who can make them.

I also found it interesting to see the CNC machining approach - dovetails and all - again, something I'm not familiar with at all.

Back