Making a bed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi there, I am considering making a bed and would be very grateful for some advice?
I want to make a double bed of simple but modern design, probably from oak or ash. Does any one know where the best deals on wood are and good places to go for suitable designs. I live in Seaford, East Sussex.
Also, does any one know where you can get audio tapes for woodwork, if they actually exist?

I find the 3 stage approach best-
1. smooth out the bottom sheet
2. plump up the pillows
3. spread duvet across the whole width ensuring no bunching of the fabric...
It works for me every time.

(...sorry - couldnt resist that one...)

Hi Nugget
I use Wenban Smith in Worthing for hardwood. They have a branch in Lewes as well I believe. Ash and oak etc are sold off the peg in all the usual 1x sizes for next day delivery.

A

Hi Nugget, welcome to the forum.

On the design front, you're best bet is to do a little searching. But 'cos I'm nice, I've done it for you. :wink: Don't neglect the "Groups" tab at the top, as that'll take you to all the links that have been provided on The Wreck by JOAT (and others I suppose, but somehow hard to believe...).

Audio tapes for woodwork aren't something I've ever come across. I must admit I wouldn't be entirely sure of their value; woodworking being a pretty visual thing.

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Mike, shame on you :p :wink:

Hi Nugget,

Welcome aboard. On the supplier front, also Stiles and Bates near Dover. Dave Bates has just made a bed out of Ash, so he'll probably throw in his plan! Tell him Steve sent you. (Second thoughts.. best not!)

You do realise though that once you've made your bed, you'll have to lie in it....

(Sorry - someone had to do it!)

Steve

Back