Makers Central

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody been to this show at the NEC before? Several of the you tubers that I watch mention it or display the logo, but that is likely a US based version. I wondered whether it is a good day out?

marcros":kc0eboxl said:
Has anybody been to this show at the NEC before? Several of the you tubers that I watch mention it or display the logo, but that is likely a US based version. I wondered whether it is a good day out?
I went last year. It was pretty good. I took my kids and they enjoyed it.

If you have no desire to meet or listen to YouTubers talk then it is probably of limited value.

Some of the exhibitors are similar to what you would get at woodworking show but with more demos going on.

There is a main stage with QA sessions and simple demos going off.

If you are a cynical middle aged (or older) woodworker that gets a bit sniffy about YouTube it probably isn't your thing. Otherwise, it is pretty good.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Bodgers":3yclugt1 said:
marcros":3yclugt1 said:

If you have no desire to meet or listen to YouTubers talk then it is probably of limited value.

Some of the exhibitors are similar to what you would get at woodworking show but with more demos going on.

If you are a cynical middle aged (or older) woodworker that gets a bit sniffy about YouTube it probably isn't your thing. Otherwise, it is pretty good.

Are there many tool suplliers there? I go to fishing shows a couple of times a year and its worth going purly for the "show prices"

DannyEssex":2iq7mqmm said:
Bodgers":2iq7mqmm said:
marcros":2iq7mqmm said:

Are there many tool suplliers there? I go to fishing shows a couple of times a year and its worth going purly for the "show prices"
It isn't a tool show but there are Record Power and companies like that there.

Bodgers":3oc9l227 said:

I was contemplating making the trip from South Essex, as I assumed there would be some decent deals on small tools and supplies. I enjoy watching some youtubers, but not that fussed about seeing them demo live as such.

I went last year and would echo the comments above. Some woodworking stands (good to catch up with Peter), quite a few stands promoting resins, some small CNC equipment, a bit of jewellery making etc.
A lot of YouTubers who I didn’t watch but who did draw a good audience and quite a bit of autograph hunting.
The exhibition was busy, we arrived at the NEC way before opening and were still a long way down the queue.
Not sure if I’ll go again despite living only 10 miles away.

DannyEssex":66mpo7ch said:
Bodgers":66mpo7ch said:

I was contemplating making the trip from South Essex, as I assumed there would be some decent deals on small tools and supplies. I enjoy watching some youtubers, but not that fussed about seeing them demo live as such.
I would give it a miss in that case.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

I thought it might be an interesting day out.Then I looked at the ticket prices and found a good train fare and it would cost me a bout £90 to get inside the place.Doesn't seem worth it.

Glynne":e7rnqtly said:
For anyone driving, the normal NEC car parking is £12.

Does anyone know if there's a height restriction on parking for NEC? Mine's a panel van with roof rack so it can be a bit tricky in some car parks.

Latest posts

Back