Makers Central

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stanleymonkey":3i0a8hec said:
Will April Wilkerson be there?

My Restraining order is expiring soon - be good to see her again!!

Reminds me... I went to a Photographic exhibition at NEC recently, they had a stand with a girl wearing very short shorts on, lying on her back juggling footballs while blokes took pics of her bum to *test the auto focus* of these sports cameras they were selling. Shameful!

I was so disgusted, I only watched them for 47 mins.

OscarG":1moz5skm said:
Stanleymonkey":1moz5skm said:
Will April Wilkerson be there?

My Restraining order is expiring soon - be good to see her again!!

Reminds me... I went to a Photographic exhibition at NEC recently, they had a stand with a girl wearing very short shorts on, lying on her back juggling footballs while blokes took pics of her bum to *test the auto focus* of these sports cameras they were selling. Shameful!

I was so disgusted, I only watched them for 47 mins.

I was the bloke standing just in front of you .....

Anybody thinking of going to Makers Central tomorrow just be aware that the NEC has increased the parking charge to £16.

Pay points in main atrium.

I cant understand why the people running this event have chosen the most expensive venue in the country.
I went to the Midlands woodworking show at Newark and would have to say that it was a nice venue, £10 to get in with free parking.
In my opinion Makers Central is a show with limited appeal and would do better to change venue there is no way that I would pay the best part of £40 to get in including parking but if it was held at Newark even with the long trip I would have gone.

Just got back from this.

Bit disappointing. Half the number of exhibitors as last year. Far fewer people walking around.

I can't imagine we will go again, assuming there is another.

MrTeroo":isaqr6tb said:
Just got back from this.

Bit disappointing. Half the number of exhibitors as last year. Far fewer people walking around.

Thanks for posting.
I’d decided not to go again on the basis of cost (£22 + parking) and also I’d been “volunteered” to decorate the living room. But you’re always tempted when you see a few Social Media posts and so it’s good to know I didn’t miss too much.
I think this one was rumoured to be the last.....?

I fancied going but it is a long way and I was also put off by the price plus parking.

MrTeroo":38jmzpqc said:
Just got back from this.

It seemed to be in a much bigger hall this year though...wasn't it just all more spread out?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Maybe. It was much easier walking around this year. Just felt like there weren't as many people there.

Hall 7 last year which, as you said, is half as big.

I went yesterday (Saturday) and would make a few comments:-

Firstly, parking at the weekend. DON'T go to the NEC Car Park. Go tho the Birmingham International Station Long Stay. At the weekend, it is £9.00. By the way, if someone is dropping you off at Birmingham Airport, do the same thing since there is NO CHARGE for stopping to drop/collect outside the station entrance.

Secondly, yes there was plenty of space to wander round. Didn't stop me from getting confused!! as there seemed to be several 'clone' exhibitors, especially resin suppliers!!

Thirdly, yes, very pricy entrance fee. I only justified it because, although I live in the midlands, the Midlands Show at Newark is 100 miles away (and to my mind NOT in the Midlands!!)

Finally, would I go again, probably not, yes, I bought one or two things, saw one or two good ideas but ultimately though there were too may resin suppliers and automatic cutting systems.

My 1d's worth.

Phil

It seemed like just an ego rub for youtubers, so i didn't bother to make the trip, also when i saw the first video it looked a bit barren. "hey look at what my computer cut out"

Latest posts

Back