major cornet lathe Mk III

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moby

Established Member
Reaction score
did a boiler service for a bloke today, got chatting and he has one in his loft going spare. inherited from his dad, comes with table saw and planer attachment, spare belt, blades, chuck and jaws and about 30 gouges. offered him £200 he beat me upto £250, might take me up on it.

I dont need it, but was thinking about selling it on.

Any opinions?

My guess is you wouldn't take much profit on it at £250, but for someone who wants a piece of idiosyncratic kit of amazing quality, it's a bargain. British Engineering from the 1950s at its scatty best.
Just be careful if using it as a lathe with the circular saw blade still on the shaft. Been some very nasty near misses that way :(

Surely the gouges are worth about £150 if they're decent quality? That's only a fiver per gouge. And of course as Dickm said it is good quality stuff. British made not Chaiwanese. Dated but solid. I use an old ML8 and a Union Graduate bowl lathe, both old and dated but solid and well made.

K

I have a coronet major lathe with most of the attachments, its a really good and versatile lathe with the reduction speed attachment V belt drive for turning large projects up to 24 "when you turn the head stock 90 deg , ( i.e. facing outwards the turner and to the tools )Although the reduction gear is hard to come bye to purchase I can attempt to measure the Diameter of the v belts pulleys of my equipment to allow any other members to fabricate either a hard wood steel alloy parts its worth a try.

Latest posts

Back