Major Combination Machine Manufacturers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsy11

Reaction score
G'Day Folks
Greetings from Australia

I'm establishing a new woodworking shop and wish to purchase, preferably a 5 in 1 machine, i am willing to spend between $A10,000 to $A16,000.00 to achieve this.
However i'm "very green", that is new to this whole process, and not even aware what is available in the market place. Can anybody suggest a few manufactures that i could look at.
I have already traveled to the Minimax showroom in Melbourne and indeed the Felder showroom to look at some Hammer machines.
I studied the Laguna website, but only seen a picture of the corresponding Robland machine.
Can anybody suggest other machines i might consider in this price range, my intention is make furniture but the space in my shop is restricted so a combo seems to offer the best compromise.
I particularly interested in hearing from people with "Hands on experience" with such machines, who can offer a critical performance based opinion.

Cheers Woodsy11 (hammer)

G'Day Woodsy

I have a Hammer c331 and find it an excellent machine easy to use ,loads of power, accurate , cant fault it .
You will probably want a few extras ie, extension tables , longer sliding table , dial thickness gauge (very accurate)
maybe a dado cutter , or a power feed the list goes on,

Mind you if I had more space I would probably have a Felder 741 shame I cant fit one in the workshop

Regards John

I have a Hammer C3/41 which is no longer made but was a Hammer version of the larger Felder above. I have found it excellent in all respects but would echo the extras above. I think the quality if the underlying mechanisms is particularly good on the Hammer e.g rise and fall but the digital dial gauges are fantastic and make 0.1mm easily repeatable which is very useful if you have had to come back from using another function. Having previously owned a Robland I would prefer the Hammer.

You might consider two semi combo's a saw/Spindle and planer thicknesser which will allow you more freedom to work and less machine re-setting.

251.jpg

PICT0837.jpg

Latest posts

Back