Mains powered wireless butler door bell

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to install a mains powered butler type door bell. However, I am happy to have the main butler bell wired but I also want wireless remote bells, eg my workshop. Maybe the sort of mains plug type thing.

I’ve got a Heath Robinson affair at the moment but it’s battery powered. Can’t find a mains option.

Does such a thing exist?

Cheers

I don't know if they do exist Geoff but failing that can you not utilise rechargeable batteries or a mains to low voltage adapters. I have a couple that have various selectable voltages between 3 and 12v and you can also reverse polarity to the half dozen different connectors on the output side.

I've had mine a long time but thing they're still available and cheap. Just described as " LMP regulated multi voltage AC adapter Ref: LAR 90300".

Doesn't address the wi fi issue though

What's the input voltage / amperage for it?

Is it not possible to wire a PSU in place of the battery?

Thanks Lons & Scaredycat, now why didn't I think of that? Probably because wiring a few sockets and light switches is about the limit of my capabilities.

But, I've got my electrician coming tomorrow, I can ask him. Thanks for the suggestions :D

Back