Mail order supplier - advice sought.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope everybody enjoyed a happy and peaceful Christmas.

Santa brought me a nice Trend biscuit jointer for the workshop - complete with 1000 biscuits - but apparently couldn't run to a planer/thicknesser (or couldn't get it down the workshop chimney) so I'll have to buy it myself! :cry:

The best price I can find for the one I want (HMS260) is from Machinery Supply Centre in Altrincham, Cheshire. I picked up their ad. in GWW but have not previously dealt with them so any guidance on their standard of supply and service will be most welcome.

Thanks in anticipation. Trev.

Hi

I joined the forum today but have been playing with wood for years.
I got a nice SIP planer/thicknesser for under £400 from Welford Ironmongers in Leicester. Induction motor and bascially a copy of the Elektra Bekum 230. Can't fault the shop, price or machine

Tony

Hi, Tony,

Welcome, and thanks for your reply.

I haven't bought yet so your info. is interesting - I'll try to get a look at one somewhere.

Regards, Trev.

Hi Trev

Sorry, but I must have missed your post.

I have not dealt with MSC but i did speak to them about the Scheppach. The way they deliver is at the courier's discretion so you don't know which day it will arrive. It's done that way to keep the cost down.

They were quite happy to arrange delivery on a specified day, but there was an extra cost of about 25-30.

They seemed ok to me.

Cheers
Neil

Hi, Neil,

As I'm retired a bit of leeway on delivery is not a problem to me as long as they can come up with the goods.

Thanks muchly for your info.

Trev.

Back