Mahogany Consort Table - WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is going to be finished straight after the Easter break, was waiting for my client to pop into the workshop and approve it before finishing.

So watch this space!

Roger

What Router set up did you use for the string Inlay
Was it just a fence on the top and double fence on the legs
Or the woodrat on the legs etc etc ???

Looking forward to seeing the finish

Roger

Sorry for the delay in completion, I wasn't scheduled to deliver to my client until the end of the month and when I said it was ready apart from polishing they asked if I could hold off delivery until the end of the month as they planned to re-decorate their hall but hadnt got around to doing it.

Between you and me I think that maybe they were waiting for end of month payday (hammer) (hammer)

Anyway its all finished and ready to be dropped in on Saturday morning

DSCF4806.jpg

DSCF4812.jpg

DSCF4862.jpg

The finish is heavily waxed at the moment awaiting a final buff off just prior to delivery.

Dodge":r3sbxb8j said:
DSCF4626.jpg

Will post finished pictures next week.

Lovely piece of work Rog, but I'm a bit concerned about the drawer fitting...looks good at one side and a bit baggy at the other?...nothing wrong with baggy btw, 'specially if the piece is going somewhere hot and humid. Just curious - Rob

My client was very specific Rob - "I do not want the drawers to be tight and they must open easily!"

Hence the couple of mms on the sides, the fronts are snug as there is a slight tapering to the front specifically to achieve their requirement. i have done previous work for these customers and they have been adamant on this on each occasion.

So I accept not how I normally make my drawers but what the customers wants is what the customer gets! :lol: :lol:

Dodge":13lbme4y said:
My client was very specific Rob - "I do not want the drawers to be tight and they must open easily!"

Hence the couple of mms on the sides, the fronts are snug as there is a slight tapering to the front specifically to achieve their requirement. i have done previous work for these customers and they have been adamant on this on each occasion.

So I accept not how I normally make my drawers but what the customers wants is what the customer gets! :lol: :lol:
Absolutely Rog, what the customer wants, the customer gets, but it must 'irk' somewhat when you know as a maker how they should fit ( and how you would normally make them) but then you have to deliberately do 'em baggy. Still, customer is always right...usually :wink: - Rob

That is truly awe inspiring Rog! I would love to get a commission like that. I would have been sweating on the inlay in the centre though.

Back