Magnification/light for scrolling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneer

Reaction score
Good afternoon. sadly Ive got to the age where I need better lighting and magnification for my scrolling hobby work, has anybody any recommendations on which to use but preferable 3* magnification, LED and mains power. I see that ScrimperUK has a light with his Hegner saw set up, I am looking for something similar to that. Thank you.

Yes I know the problem, trying to cut a line or mark lines all becomes more of a problem and light is the key. I am looking at something that can be worn, along the lines of what surgeons wear but not that level of expense so you don't need something for every machine or location, it is with you so whatever task you have the asset ready. I am still looking for something, needs to be easy to flip up and comfortable. Looked at Home which seems to now be Home and they may well have something along these lines, so thanks for the heads up.

Faced with this I bought an Ikea clip on LED light with flexible neck, and a pair of x3.0 supermarket spectacles. I feel more comfortable with glasses than having more equipment surrounding me as I work. The light clips onto the saw frame. There are tImes when I have to move it around to accommodate the larger workpieces, but that’s a minor inconvenience.

I also have a head light from light-craft that can be found on the site I quoted in my first reply. It is very handy when I have a lot of moving about to do.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 17
get yourself down to poundland and buy some reading glasses(available in lots of different strengths) and a headband led light(which for the money is nothing short of brilliant!)

Thanks to all for answering this query, I have purchased a magnifying light from Machine Mart and it does the job very well for me. I will keep in mind the head worn light as that also seems like a good idea. Thanks once again

Back