magnetic blade setting tools for thicknesser/planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
people, I bought (a few months ago) a pair of magnetic blade setting tools for my TP.

however (to my horror) I have to remove the outfeed table to change the blades (d`oh).

any ideas as to how I can change the blades but still use the setting tools?

they are of the type:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 82073&rd=1

cheers

steve

(feeling stupid)

Steve, i hope that you didn't pay the buy now price he wants on ebay, because you can get them for half that price at Rutlands.

Can you tell me what p/t you have?

Regards

Woody

Not knowing the make its hard to say, it may be an elektra beckum clone, but if it is then you shouldn't have needed to take the outfeed table off to change the blades. These p/t's had 2 blades with i think 4 (maybe 3) bolts holding each blade in place, and all you needed to do to change the blades was loosen these bolts. in fact these machines came with disposable blades, and once set up you didn't need to reset the blades again after you installed the new ones.

Sorry i couldn't help, but i am sure someone will come along with the answer.

Regards

Woody

the dual blades are held in place with 4 hex head screws (rounded head, round out VERY easily).

the cutter block has a hole in it to receive a metal bar that locks the block against the infeed table, however the bolts for the blades require the outfeed table to be removed to get the allen key in to undo them.

the blades I recently purchased are marked on the back as being for an electra machine however the guy at the shop seemed to think from the description that I have a dewalt clone.

I don`t know! :D it works anyhow, just a pain to set the blades.

steve

If he said that it is a dewalt then it might very well be one.

How do you actually set/alter the blades on your p/t? Because on the EB i was talking about you undo the bolts to change the blades with a spanner, but if for any reason you need to set them you use an allen key on separate allen bolts.

Regards

Woody

Back