Magnesium Mac Allister Strike Allnailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Guy arrived at "the shop" today trying to sell me one of these.
Brand new in the box £60
I had a look, never seen the like, battery dead, so put a bit of charge in and tried to figure it out.

Far as I can see you put nails in one at a time push it against a piece of wood and it kind of vibrates it in.

I can't see any reason for it , a hammer is way faster.

Maybe I missed something. I didn't buy it.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 58
Guy turns up at my place unannoced I put gloves on and check the tool for identifying markings. to many of my builder mates have had their vans done over for me to not ask questions. If it's obviously hooky I'd getting license plates and any details I can and handing them in to the local bobby.

as to the tools use. the battery wasn't charged enough, it should hit like a nail gun.

Looks pretty beat up to me for being brand new in a box. I'd be suspicious of the origins too unless I knew the guy.
I would rather have a pneumatic palm nailer. They are great for hammering nails in a small space and they work by repeated blows like a rivet gun.

Pete

as to the tools use. the battery wasn't charged enough, it should hit like a nail gun.
I only charged it for a few mins. I wasn't inspired, loading the nails one at a time would be slow.
Do you reckon, if the battery was full it would whop a nail in like an air gun?

Its meant to be something like a rotary hammer. So it hits the nail in with a few hits rather than one good wallop. More like a rivet gun but less useful. It should still be more like a hammer than a ladies pleasure enabler though.

Truthfully a complete waste of time and from what I've heard doesnt work half the time. Have a goggle see what you can find.

Back