Magma Titan 400 ( the videos )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen

You could have given it a clean first :lol: Still nice to see it again.

Great videos =D> But didn't you get the manual I sent you?

You could have given it a clean first

I was going to clean it , but then would have had comments ( Why is it so clean ? don't you use it ) :lol:

If the manual you sent me was the file , Yes you did , but I may have lost it :oops:

bassethound":1ccq0uyk said:
:) Lovely looking lathe, bet it's a treat to use

I have owned most lathes there are to own and always found something I did not like

Until I purchased the Titan , I cant fault its operation :wink:

Thanks for the video Blister, a lovely machine and until I saw the "propeller video" last week not one I had seen before. It certainly looks the business and I think your right to describe it as the Rolls Royce of lathes.

Steve

What a horrible looking lathe, I've got to say that along with the mantra ....I don't want one, I don't want one, I don't want one......

I don't know who am I trying to kid. If I spent that type of money on a lathe I think the Mrs would be off.....Another good reason to buy one :lol: :lol:

Alli":9lkm71e8 said:
What a horrible looking lathe, I've got to say that along with the mantra ....I don't want one, I don't want one, I don't want one......

I don't know who am I trying to kid. If I spent that type of money on a lathe I think the Mrs would be off.....Another good reason to buy one :lol: :lol:

I done a 28 year sentence ( marriage ) now I am Free again ( hence the nice lathe ) :mrgreen: :wink:

Allen, you wrote you have had many lathes over the years. Which have you had, and which did you look at before you settled on the Magma?
28 years. Wow, thats like 34 with the wind chill!

Which have you had, and which did you look at before you settled on the Magma?

well it all started with a Draper and nearly ended , biggest pile of poo I ever owned

Then a
Poolwood 28 40
Record CL3
Poolwood Euro 2000
Record CL4 vs
Silverdrive Statesman 280
3 x Woodfast lathes
Hegner HDB200XL
Hegner VB36

And then the Titan :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8)

adidat":3lw2v3v9 said:
What didnt you like with the last two hegners?

Adidat

Well

The Hegner HDB200XL was OK for small to medium turnings but did like to do a jig with bigger items

And the Hegner VB36 was a bit like using highly prized traction engine , I had what is referred to as the standard bed model , its huge and very heavy , even moving the tailstock had to be planned as it weighs about 60lbs

Superb lathe but I found using it a pain hence alas its no longer in residence

The Titan now does everything I need and can handle up to 300 kilograms = 661.386787 pounds :shock: :shock:
Problem now is I cant lift that much ( wimp ) and have very little room for lifting equipment :mrgreen:

Mark Hancock":10xt1oka said:
Blister":10xt1oka said:
[
The Titan now does everything I need and can handle up to 300 kilograms = 661.386787 pounds :shock: :shock:
Problem now is I cant lift that much ( wimp ) and have very little room for lifting equipment :mrgreen:

Have you considered one of the folding cranes from Machine Mart
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/s...ne-stands/type/any/module/shopcategory/page/1

It's how I solved the problem.

I had one but it took up to much room so is now with a new owner

I have a small block and tackle so may try and use that in some way

Back