Magma Black Line Titan 400 , the photos / review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
7,009
Reaction score
241
Location
Boston Lincs
Turn It In":2fdnjon3 said:
Hi Allen,
What a serious piece of kit! It always seems that as you move forward there are always those little niggles to slow your progress to full enjoyment.
As you require spacers to obtain a suitable fit for the chucks can I offer my services to turn these up for you as cost effectively as i can.
Please let me have the dimensions if you cannot find anyone more local to turn up some suitable spacers.
Regards,
Ian

Hi Ian

That's a decent offer to make the spacers :mrgreen:

I will have a measure up in the morning and get back to you

Thanks

Allen
 

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
7,009
Reaction score
241
Location
Boston Lincs
Turn It In":3sgdolgk said:
Hi Allen,
What a serious piece of kit! It always seems that as you move forward there are always those little niggles to slow your progress to full enjoyment.
As you require spacers to obtain a suitable fit for the chucks can I offer my services to turn these up for you as cost effectively as i can.
Please let me have the dimensions if you cannot find anyone more local to turn up some suitable spacers.
Regards,
Ian


PM sent re spacers
 

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
7,009
Reaction score
241
Location
Boston Lincs
Mark Hancock":28pt3ftf said:
Hi Allen

Blister":28pt3ftf said:
So you have my instruction book :mrgreen: , is it any better than A4 bit of paper in a ring binder sleeve ?

Don't know about the ring binder but a lot more than an A4 sheet, that's why it's taking me so long :(

Blister":28pt3ftf said:
The knock out bar I think is quite pony , little or no thought go into it , but again its not the end of the world , I will make one more suited to the quality of the lathe , no big deal

Be carefully you don't overdo it with the knock out bar. You may damage the end of the MT.
Blister":28pt3ftf said:
The headstock spindle length is an issue :? and none of Axminsters back plates fit as I phoned them today , They advised going to a local machine shop and getting a spacer made , O bum , I have a One Way stronghold chuck as well but as yet Have not tried to use it on the lathe but will in the morning :( anyone want to buy a chuck .
I've had the same issue on other lathes with the various back plates I have for my Super Precision where they don't register fully.

If you are serious about selling yours let me know, I could always do with another :)

Blister":28pt3ftf said:
Speed display , To be honest I never look at it anyway , always have the speed set for me when I can see all is well :mrgreen: , big out of balance items are set slow ( yes I am a coward ) the more in balance the faster the speed :lol:
Not a coward, that's the way to do it =D>

Blister":28pt3ftf said:
As stated I love the lathe , but its like buying a RR with some cheap bits that just slightly take the edge of it , Quality should be quality 100 %
Yes I can understand that and do agree


Mark

I just tried my One Way chuck and it fit perfect with no spacers :ho2 :ho2 :ho2 :wink:
 

dennisk

Established Member
Joined
4 Oct 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
1
Location
Acme Alberta Canada
Nice. How much? First time I have seen this machine. Were there other machines that you would have compared them to, in price and features? Or was this a bit of an exclusive thing, meaning it is nice to have something nice that everyone and their dog won't, or can't have. I have looked at the Robust this way, when there is a dealer for Oneway and Vicmarc an hour away. The Robust would be nice to have but either of the other ones are great machines as well.
 

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
7,009
Reaction score
241
Location
Boston Lincs
dennisk":spkmcnjl said:
Nice. How much? First time I have seen this machine. Were there other machines that you would have compared them to, in price and features? Or was this a bit of an exclusive thing, meaning it is nice to have something nice that everyone and their dog won't, or can't have. I have looked at the Robust this way, when there is a dealer for Oneway and Vicmarc an hour away. The Robust would be nice to have but either of the other ones are great machines as well.

Have a look here

http://www.magma-tools.de/Director/idKe ... lack+Line/


not cheap , its a top end lathe , and as usual quality costs :wink:
 

Jeremys

Established Member
Joined
7 Aug 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
Bristol
If you dont mind the color clash...VB toolrests are indeed 40mm OD on the post... not sure if they come up much cheaper than the Titans tho.

VB36 Tool Rests

Jeremy
 

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
7,009
Reaction score
241
Location
Boston Lincs
And here it is fitted ,

One less niggle :deer :ho2


IMG_0822.jpg
 

Harlequin

Established Member
Joined
20 Sep 2008
Messages
386
Reaction score
0
Location
Leeds
Very nice 8)

Found that long toolrest interesting
Simple design - is there any vibration when working at the end of that rest?
 

Blister

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2006
Messages
7,009
Reaction score
241
Location
Boston Lincs
Harlequin":25r0me70 said:
Very nice 8)

Found that long toolrest interesting
Simple design - is there any vibration when working at the end of that rest?

Not used the longest one yet , but it weighs a ton , so would think it will cope with what I intend to throw at it :deer :ho2 :deer
 
Top