• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Magma Black Line Titan 315 Woodturning Lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Hancock

Established Member
Reaction score
Magma Black Line Titan 315 Woodturning Lathe

High specification woodturning lathe. Only been used a few times.

Max diameter over bed 730mm
Distance between centres 800mm
Motor 1.5kW
Variable speed 0 to 3000rpm
Forward and reverse drive
Swivelling and sliding headstock
Hollow headstock spindle, 60mm diameter, threaded for vacuum connection
Headstock 2MT
Tailstock 3MT
48 position indexing, numerically and colour coded
Height adjustable legs
Weight 320 kg

£5800 £5250 ono. Collection from Worcester

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Don't be shy people , Superb lathe , I own the big brother 400 , Best lather I have owned and in my opinion better than a VB36 ( Yes I owned one ) , Much more user friendly .

Last edited:
So on the Wadkin RS you can slide the headstock along the lathe bed and rotate it to any angle , or even all the way to the opposite end and use a free standing tool rest to turn huge items ,
No, but you can slide the carriage and set compound angles - why bother moving the headstock !
External turning on the RS is greater than most people have the nerve for !

No, but you can slide the carriage and set compound angles - why bother moving the headstock !
External turning on the RS is greater than most people have the nerve for !
Carriage ? , I assume this is a tool rest carrier ? the sort of thing you have on a metal working lathe ?
( why bother moving the headstock ! ) , for comfort and easy on the back when hollowing , Makes the jobs so much easier / comfortable .
( External turning on the RS is greater than most people have the nerve for ! )

My preferred method would be sliding the headstock to the centre of the lathe bed and turning it 90 degrees , This would give maximum support along the lathe bed when turning anything up to 300 kgs

Sorry Mark , Looks like your for sale post has turned into a lathe debate , I know what lathe I would prefer , Oh hang on I allready own one :) , This needs to be snapped up by someone soon😉

Carriage ? , I assume this is a tool rest carrier ? the sort of thing you have on a metal working lathe ?
( why bother moving the headstock ! ) , for comfort and easy on the back when hollowing , Makes the jobs so much easier / comfortable .
( External turning on the RS is greater than most people have the nerve for ! )

My preferred method would be sliding the headstock to the centre of the lathe bed and turning it 90 degrees , This would give maximum support along the lathe bed when turning anything up to 300 kgs

Sorry Mark , Looks like your for sale post has turned into a lathe debate , I know what lathe I would prefer , Oh hang on I allready own one :) , This needs to be snapped up by someone soon😉

So you have a massive lathe, camper and the boat.....that's not fair!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back