Mafell Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skydivermel

Established Member
Reaction score
I see Axminster have announced a partnership with Mafell Tools.

Anyone have any experience/or using Mafell

I noticed a pile of Mafell stuff appear in their new tools page. They're a high end quality manufacturer with prices to match. Their range is mainly aimed at timber framing applications.

There's a saying along the lines off Festool have an accessory to do anything but, with Mafell, it's built in to the tool. They really do engineer their tools to be as good as they can.

I have one of their jigsaws, absolutely superb. I did a fair bit of research before buying it, I was fed up of jig saws that don’t leave a square cut. Well, the jigsaw is as close to square as makes no difference. Excellent dust extraction, quiet and the base is absolutely square to the blade.

Yep excellent tools their track saw is the best I’ve used, just great quality machinery plus Nathan & Jody from NMA who distribute Mafell are really helpful guys.

Mafell is really good stuff. Proper high quality.
I really like the jigsaw and the Erika table saws.
They also do several great variations of track/plunge saws.

Ollie

I have their duo doweller and it works a treat. The only problem is that it is slow compared to a Domino but ya can't have everything.

I see Axminster have announced a partnership with Mafell Tools.

Anyone have any experience/or using Mafell
I have the plunge saw and rails. Great piece of kit, not cheap but would thoroughly recommend it. Mainly use it for cutting solid timbers and hasn't let me down even when ripping 50mm stock

The Axi prices seem the same as D&M (before D&M points) - but D&M have other offers on accessories - so not sure what Axi hopes to bring to the market with this.

I bought the Mafell track saw at the beginning of the year as an upgrade from an Erbauer...absolutely love it and would buy it again in a heartbeat. Yes, expensive, but worth it IMO.

The rails provided are 2 x 1.6m as opposed to 1.4m and the way they join together is superior to the Festool method. I've cut a full sheet of MRMDF lengthways very accurately many times. Dust extraction is truly excellent, with very little dust afterwards, and I'm only using a small Titan shop vac with it.

Back