Mafell Erika - own one or ever use one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Short of a Hammer K3 panel saw and better than a DeWalt DW745, it appears that the Mafell Erika 85 might fit the bill in terms of accuracy and small footprint.

Anybody have one or ever use one?
Still a very significant investment so would like to find out as much as possible before booking a flight to go see one in the flesh.

Thanks

Haven't used an Erika myself, but due to having a cellar workshop, I ended up with the CS70 which is similar in concept. The pull-saw thing of simultaneously being both table and mitre saw makes them super-versatile (more than either). Obviously being site saws they are necessarily lightweight which is the biggest disadvantage but that hasn't stopped me using its full capacities, just needs a bit more thought and time prepping in and off take arrangements with the big stuff.

Thanks Jake. Is your Festool accurate? I've a track saw to break down sheets so would only use it for smaller stock.

It's very accurate indeed, can't imagine the Mafell is any less.

It's just not built for serious abuse by people who haven't bought it themselves and won't have to replace it themselves.

Thanks. I think I'll hold off until the new Festool TKS 80 is released in Summer and then weigh up options between it and the Precisio and the Mafell Erika

Latest posts

Back