Made from scraps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8squared

Established Member
Reaction score
Some thing's I've made or helped my kids to make....

Kids don't it all with me helping on the drill press

image.jpg

Design didn't work out as thought.

image.jpg

Sweet/mint dispenser

image.jpg

The middle section too thick and finish was terrible

image.jpg

Let the kids loose with scraps and a glue gun

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A pallet project I made one afternoon to surprise kids.

FB_IMG_14123485688155301.jpg

Now when my son is only 4 months old I have many projects in my mind to do for him to play with. When he will be older I really hope the two of us will spend many time on similar creative projects like you do with your kids. Great post, thanks!

My 2 year old grandson loves robots, when he's a bit older I may just copy your robots, they're great.

You must keep these because in years to come they'll bring a tear to your eye, that I can gaurantee.

Take care

Baldhead

We too made a sweet dispenser! This is with my 10 year old who is doing woodworking as a hobby.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422465939.712324.jpg

She also recently made her own tool box out of some ply

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422465904.367805.jpg

It's great what you can do with some off cuts.

She is currently making a hedgehog as she saw the shavings from the plane and wanted to use them!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422465904.367805.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422465904.367805.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,617
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422465939.712324.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422465939.712324.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,617
It's great that they like doing stuff and it's not hard to teach them safe practices... with certain machines of course (benchtop belt sander, drill press, scroll saw) even my two year old spends a fair bit of time in their with me drilling holes in a block... happily she has a bit of a hearing problem but sadly has a rare lung condition so she isn't in often.

My older 2 know about using the saws (eldest is already using most of what I got in school) the only trouble is finding a project that is interesting enough for them but not too complicated.

They all have their own ear/eye protection...

And of course with shop safety comes responsibility so if they make a mess they clean it.

Back