Made a plane and it's all Signal's fault.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
'Bout 2 weeks ago Signal emailed me an article that had been posted on a.b.p.w about making finger planes. They're the dinky ones as used by violin makers and such; in this case the body being a mere 1 3/4" long, 1" high and 3/4" wide. Great, I thought, I'll file this away to wait for a Tuit. But oh no, every time Signal and I have exchanged pleasantries on t'net he's asked "have you made one yet?" in the confident expectation that I'll have to admit I haven't. This is embarassing after the first couple of dozen times... :oops: Well now yah boo sucks to you, Sig. :p I found a tuit and here's the result:
fingerplane.jpg

I'd love to say it planes whispy shavings, but as you can see, it doesn't :( Fun to make though, and gained a few "Ahhhh, sweet" comments from TPTBs. Thanks, Sig. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

thats superb. well done, shame about its performance but im sure you'll soon get that licked and be doing the times crossword through the shavings. :lol:

Now as my constant nagging seems to have worked and got one thing off you tuit list, how about that coffee table......

Signal

a.b.p.w. = alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

A news group where, you guessed people post pictures of the woodwork or related things, workshop stuff, they have done. There are somethings that I have seen made me think I am wasting my time!

Dave,

yup agree with you whole heartedly about the quality of some of the stuff
that gets posted.

Sometimes makes me feel like selling all me tools and giving up :oops:

Signal

Signal":1kekj9l7 said:
shame about its performance but im sure you'll soon get that licked and be doing the times crossword through the shavings. :lol:
I can't do The Times crossword without a shaving in the way, never mind with one...

Signal":1kekj9l7 said:
Now as my constant nagging seems to have worked and got one thing off you tuit list, how about that coffee table......
Oooo, that's low. Very low. :p

Dave, somehow I don't think he'd be that worried. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

:lol: well you could at least practice while looking through an ultra fine shaving...

Sig

Back