Mad idea?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can work quite well. I made a table top from laminate flooring and a small set of shelves to go in a cupboard. It's usually just thin, very stiff, sheets of MDF in most cases. The surface is very hardwearing, tougher than MFC I would say.

I don't see why not as long as the 'wood' side is on the outside, it should be more stable than solid wood panels.

I've only seen it used on benches as a hardwearing easily replaced top, but I don't see why not, nicer than a plastic veneer on chipboard

A good friend of mine who sadly died from a heart attack aged just 53 was mad as a hatter in a friendly eccentric sort of way :whistle::whistle: , and even though he was by no means poor he just could not resist a bargain ;) so when he was offered two full pallet load's of Oak effect laminate cheap as it was closing down stock , he had it delivered and put into his garage . Nothing unusual there i hear you thinking to yourself :unsure: and you would be right (y) but when i went to visit him about four months later he had gone crazy with the stuff o_O it was everywhere and i do mean every where ,every floor including conservatory/workshop/garage , all rooms upstairs and down even the under stairs cupboard :LOL:. He didn't stop there though as scattered around the various rooms were items of furniture ranging from table's of every size and shape to a chest of drawers and vanity table . He was absolutely tickled pink with his labour's :love: His wonderful wife less so :sick::cry: . To be fair some of the stuff was not half bad at all, it was just the the mind numbing expanse of it ( Think Oak furniture land on Steroids ) .

p.s. just looked at the time and typing these few words has taken me almost two hour's , happy to say that most of it was spent going over some of the crazy stuff we did :)

Back