Machines from Hammer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
I have almost decided to kit myself out with Hammer machines. The A331 planer/thicknesser, B3 Saw/spindle combination and the N4400 Bandsaw. Is there anything I should know before I finalise my order please?

Hi Freetochat

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Hammer equipment. In fact, iirc, I don't think anyone on the forum has any Hammer equipment.

Cheers
Neil

Welcome to the forum. I too, am not sure anyone here has one. Everything I've read about them seemed to be positive though. They look well built, and from the same stable as Felder they should be good bits of kit.

Sorry I can't help more.

Adam

Thank you for the guidance. I currently own a Maxi 26, which is absolute c**p. In fact, the machine has never been accurate, and record power are a waste of time. The only advice they could give was to adjust on the movement within the bolt holes. In fact, when things got too hot on the forum, they took it down. I wrote a review of the maxi for their new site, which was then deleted. I wonder what they know, that they're not sharing with us.

As to the Hammer machines, I would really like a set of Felders, but my numbers on the lottery have not come up. My thoughts were similar to Adam's, if they come from the Felder stable, are Felder going to risk reputation with putting out poor machinery.

Hi Free to chat and welcome to the forum

I looked at the hammer c-31 combi in their outlet over here a couple of weeks ago - very very nice piece of kit, got a chance to try it out and was suitably impresseed, when the pennies allow, I'm having one!

I have looked at getting the Schepach TS and planer, as well as the SIP and Fox stuff, but basically I can live with a combi (I already do!) and the hammer is a better machine by far than the others for the same money over here.

Of courses they were showing both Hammer anf felder at the same time and to be honest the difference is there to see, but the basic important bits of the hammer looked very well made, the felders just looks far more refined.

Just my 2c worth

Welcome to the forum, Freetochat.

Freetochat":24mnsnja said:
I currently own a Maxi 26, which is absolute c**p.
Alas, 'tis all too true. In fact I can't see any way in which the Hammer stuff could be anything but an improvement. :roll: :wink: Good luck in your search for info.

Cheers, Alf

Thank you for the replies so far. I am sure that this issue is constantly debated, so I will offer my appologies up front. Given the standard of machines I am looking to purchase:-

Hammer A331 planer/thicknesser
Hammer B3 Comfort saw/spindle
Hammer N4400 Bandsaw

Before I jump, what other machines would be comparable, and possibly a better buy. Having had a bad experience with Record Power, I am aprehensive of making another mistake.

Thanks

John

I've had a Hammer A3 P/T for about 3 months. I haven’t had a chance to use it much, but it seems to me to be a well constructed and very solid bit of Kit. My purchase over others was swayed by the easy change blade arrangement, potentially without any setting up, although I’ve not actually changed a blade yet to see if its that easy. I was also looking for a solid lump of a machine, and its certainly that.

The Hammer functions as it should and is easy to use and I think it is an excellent and solid buy. However this should be read in the context that its only the second P/T I’ve used. The previous P and T was a small Delta thicknesser and an even smaller perform Planner. The perform is a toy by comparison, and whilst I like the Delta an immediate improvement I noticed was the accuracy and repeatability of the thickness indicator (I got an additional Felder type dial digital gauge for the Hammer). Perhaps it was just my eyes, but I found the Delta ‘thickness’ indicator was not to be relied on.

So I’ve found it to be a most satisfactory purchase, but my experience of very limited.

Best of luck with you purchase
Regards
BG

I wish i could say more, but due to ongoing "discussions" with Felder feel i can't. Let's just say save your money and buy a real Felder, not a pretender!!!!
Scheppach seem pretty good, especially now they've gone over to cast iron.

Hello Freetochat,

Would second The Restorer's views. Not surethat the Felder p/t is that much better than the Hammer, but the kf700 saw/spindle is in a completely different league. Maybe the Hammer p/t and the Felder saw/spindle would make a good compromise.

If you live anywhere near Gloucestershire, send me a pm and would be happy to give you a demo of the Felder equipment.

Regards

David

Having now read The Restorer's comments on another thread, maybe the Hammer p/t would not be a good idea!

David

Latest posts

Back