Machinery stockist

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Came across ths lot - Lyndhurst Machines - when trawling on ebay. They've got some interesting looking table saws* (SIP and baby Woodford clones) and other stuff.
Never dealt with them, but might be worth a look if you're after a saw or sander right now...

Cheers,
Pete

*No Waka, I'm not going to buy a saw!

oooooh i'm tempted by the £275 planer, its even got the US style blade guard which in my opinion seems much better but is it legal in this country?

tom

Hi Tom,

The planer guard does appear better, but i've just looked at one recently(insert plug for Good Woodworking issue 164 here :lol: )
Edge jointing is very safe, but putting wider boards over leaves the block exposed at the very end of the cut until the work passes far enough to allow the guard to swing back in, so is not a very safe option IMO.
A properly set bridge guard can be used to joint and edge far more safely.
cheers,
Andy

Andy King,
Any chance of nipping over to Bristol and doing a article on Lyndhurst Machinery for GWW as a lot of the machinery are SIP lookalikes but way lot cheaper.
Just a thought

Hi Sawdust Producer,

I'll try and scoot in one day to have a look at what they do.
If they are happy enough to supply stuff for testing, i'll get it in the mag.

cheers,
Andy

andy king":27ufvmy3 said:
Hi Sawdust Producer,

I'll try and scoot in one day to have a look at what they do.
If they are happy enough to supply stuff for testing, i'll get it in the mag.

cheers,
Andy

Andy I'll pop upto Bristol for you and make arrangements for machinery to be sent down to Paignton for perusual :wink: :wink: :wink:

I paid a visit to Lyndhurst on Saturday afternoon.
Getting 99% of the way was easy as it was well sign posted.
The road down to the site is between a row of semi's and is easily missable.
A very rundown old set of factory buildings with a notice on the door saying back in 15 minutes.
About 10minutes later Dave came back to open up.
The showroom was a complete contrast to the exterior- freshly painted white with wooden flooring and about 20 machines in the showroom.
About 40% of the wharehouse is filled with boxed machine stock.
There other activity is to install/repair/refurb large industrial sanding machines.
I looked at a 20" & 14" band saws - same quality as SIP 14" but I have not seen SIP20" but the machine looked good.
Bought a 2HP dust extractor for 155 - I still have to assemble it but it looked good.

Just started to assemble my dust extractor and I am disappointed. On unpacking 3 of the bag support poles are rusting and the manual is poor but above the chinese instruction level.
They supplied hex spanners but replaced all the hex screws with bolts.
The assembly diagrams do not show what screws/bolts to use but there is a detailed diagram at the back that shows what to use. If you follow this there are 16 washers missing and a nut & 2 bolt.
Lyndhurst say if I bring the poles back they will replace them and will give me the missing bits but I cannot be bothered to go back to Bristol.I will only return if the motor does not work and get my money back.
Keep you informed

The saga continues. there were no indication on the motor as to its size so i got a mate to test it for mr. It was supposed to be a 1500W(2HP) motor. The test showed it was a 1100W (1.5HP) motor. Called Lynhurst and was told that there could have been a box fixup and they would call me back. After 2hours a called again and was told they would get back to me. at this point I was totally *issed off so I got in the car and loaded the extractor and drove there.
On arriving there Dave said he was sorry for not calling me back. We went through another box and found a 2HP version but no plate on the motor confirming it. Also the poles to hold up the bags had a fair amount of rust inside. At that point I wanted my money back which they did by crediting my credit card.
Back to square one and I still have to find a 2HP extractor as the base for making a cyclone.

Back