Machinery Buying

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I am considering purchasing a Planer/Thicknesser and a combination table saw/spindle molder. I have in mind to purchase Felder machines or Hammer as they are in the same stable as Felder. Is there any problems with these machines that I should be aware of.

Passing Time

Just the slightest hint of gloat perhaps?. Have heard of Felder machines described in almost reverential terms.
Nothing else to add other than envy ya !

Enjoy

Felder, the Rolls Royce of machinery.

I don't think you will have any problems.

They cost ££££. Thats a problem!

They ought to be gold plated at that price!

Adam

Welcome to the forum, Passing Time.

Problems with Felder and Hammer eh? Adam's put his finger on most people's problem with them. :( Also narrow ravines guarded by whip toting archeologists can be a negative in extreme cases... Other than that, go right ahead and be generally considered to be a lucky >beep< for ever more :wink: Oh, you may find rust a minor drawback, but as long as you get all drooling passers-by to drool to one side you should be fine :D

Cheers, Alf

P.S. I seem to recall there's a Felder Owner's group out there somewhere, which could be worth tracking down.

Hi PT

Passing Time":39ttdwd4 said:
I am considering purchasing a Planer/Thicknesser and a combination table saw/spindle molder. I have in mind to purchase Felder machines or Hammer as they are in the same stable as Felder. Is there any problems with these machines that I should be aware of.

We strongly recommend that you have the machines delivered straight to Alf, so that they can be thoroughly tested prior to you taking receipt of them.

We wouldn't want you taking delivery of a faulty machine. If you are thinking of a Jet saw as a backup then I would like to offer my services. :)

Cheers
Neil

Hello,

Felder group on the internet can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/felder-woodworking/ . Lots of helpful info available on the site and from other members of the group.

As you say, Hammer and Felder come out of the same stable, but if you do a comparison you will find that Felder machines look and feel a lot better than Hammer. Not surprising really because they cost almost twice as much!

Good luck

David

One problem is that buying a Felder is like buying a Mercedes. The basic machine is very nice, but the list of must-have optional extras is endless!

David

Newbie_Neil":bvd9gfsc said:
We strongly recommend that you have the machines delivered straight to Alf, so that they can be thoroughly tested prior to you taking receipt of them.
Well as long as you include a few big, strong fellas to carry it into the workshop, I don't mind. Solely out of the goodness of my heart you understand... :wink:

David, thanks, that's the one I was thinking of. Got a case of can't-be-bothered-to-searchus today :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Back