Machine pick up and delivery recommendation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased via ebay a clicker press for cutting out leather and it weighs about 400Kg or so. Its located in Fawley in Hampshire which is about 500 miles away from me in Glenrothes. The company I am buying it from aren't being the most cooperative and wont put it on a pallet for a pallet company to pick it up or move it 6m to the door.
What I an looking for is a company who will go in and strap it to a pallet and then start the process of shipping it to me.
or if that fails a couple of volunteers with a pallet and couple of old ratchet straps who could stick it on the pallet as prep for a pallet company picking it up (obviously some beer tokens in exchange for the effort and time would be in order)

cheers

Mike

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have been in contact with a machinery removal company in Southampton. I am arranging for them to go in and put it on a pallet and move it to the door. A pallet company with a tail lift will then pick it up and ship it to me.
I discovered during the week that it weighs 625 kg which is about double what I thought it would weigh!
Mike

I know that it doesn't apply in this case, but in cases where the seller can palletise and provide some assistance with loading, the palletforce network of carriers seem good value to me. They can provide pickup and delivery with tail lift vehicles as an option and a double pallet load for machines that are bigger that the nominal 1 metre cube / 1 tonne weight.
Just a satisfied customer.

Back