Machine Mart - Poor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
On Monday I placed an order for a single item with Machine Mart on-line. They debited my credit card immediately, but have not dispatched the goods. I've telephoned their help number to enquire to be told that they will try and dispatch to me on Monday, but they have not done so yet because they are too busy. Obviously not too busy to take my money. Is this poor service or what? In comparison, I ordered from Wealden yesterday afternoon and the item was with me at 8 'o clock this morning. What a difference!!!

Hi FTC

Sorry to hear about MM.

Wealden, however, are one of the best woodworking related companies that I have ever dealt with. If ever you need any technical help, their customer service is extremely helpful as well.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":1vqkf4gn said:
Wealden, however, are one of the best woodworking related companies that I have ever dealt with

I'll second that! Never been particularly impressed with MM either.

MM are problematic even when you are standing at the counter.
"You want what sir? Can't remember seeing them here for a while."
"You had them in last week when I was here"
"I was on my holidays last week"

I kid you not

Drew

I can relate to that orderd a workbench from MM that took six months to arrive then when built it all the wood was trwisted :evil: so unless i see it and test it i dont order or buy it :(

martyn

Totally agree about MM. I never use them at all now after continually finding bits missing from the box when I got it home and unpacked it all.

Not found Craft Supplies much better of late. They tend to dispatch when they feel good and ready - or even not at all.

Good service of late from Poolewood and Stile & Bates.

Back