Machine maintenance advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shibby

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please. The planer thicknesses on my ( now old ) record lurem C260E universal machine has stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, but today when I switched the machine on, the thicknesser doesn't start. The tablesaw is working fine. Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Phil

Start with the basic wiring. I had a problem with a planer once, checked voltage at the switch and motor, changed the starting capacitor etc.
Still refused to start.
After much detective work I found out it was the plug.
The neutral was connected by a tiny thread, enough to send voltage to be detected but no amps to start the machine. I just trusted the volt meter and never dismantled the plug.

Be thorough, start at the begining, discount nothing.

Ollie

Can anyone help me please. The planer thicknesses on my ( now old ) record lurem C260E universal machine has stopped working. It was working fine yesterday, but today when I switched the machine on, the thicknesser doesn't start. The tablesaw is working fine. Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Phil

from what you’ve explained:

you either have no power getting to thicknesser,
or a problem with the thicknesser motor / capacitor.

some continuity testing will diagnose that.

my initial guess would be a loose wire or faulty switch
either:
power not getting to the thicknesser switch
power not getting from switch to motor
or power not getting from wire into motor.

does the machine have any micro switches - I just wondered if there’s a safety feature?

Many thanks robin. Makes sense. I will check the wiring diagram. Thanks for responding.
Regards
Phil

Back