MacAllister MSR1200 collet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furniture Man

Reaction score
Hope someone can help. I use a router once in a blue moon, and had occasion recently to do so, only to realise I'd lost the 1/4" collet. Kingfisher Group don't seem to stock replacements. Is there anything out there that would fit that I could actually buy?

If you have a larger collet (say ½" or 8mm) and you have metalwork facility you could make a split sleeve. I've done this for my CNC Router even going down to 1/8". At that reduction you do need three relief slots as well as the total split though. For a reduction to ¼" from ½" two would be enough -- viz.
Collet Liner.png

If you don't have a metal lathe then there may be someone local who could make one for a small fee.

If you have a larger collet (say ½" or 8mm) and you have metalwork facility you could make a split sleeve. I've done this for my CNC Router even going down to 1/8". At that reduction you do need three relief slots as well as the total split though. For a reduction to ¼" from ½" two would be enough -- viz.
View attachment 108699

If you don't have a metal lathe then there may be someone local who could make one for a small fee.

Nice tip; thank you

Latest posts

Back