Mac software advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Mac users :lol: 8)

I need to be able to design and email a certificate ( Woodturning challenge )

it needs to be read by them funny PC's as well :lol:

Can anyone advise a suitable program

The latter part- to be read by PCs and Macs- I would send it as a simple pdf. Easy enough to do on the mac, but no doubt not the part that you were struggling with!

Most word processors have some certificate templates - Pages has a couple, for example. Otherwise a quick Google throws up a zillion websites offering downloadable/customisable/printable certificates for all kinds of things - many of them are very American though.

+1 for PDF as the final file type, btw.

Edited to add - lots of free templates from Microsoft here:-

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/

Usual US-centric warning applies ;)

HTH Pete

Jonzjob":3b4nfclk said:
Is that Welsh for Open Office that I use on my Mac Nev?????????? :mrgreen:

Non, c'est Francais! I thought you may have got that one John, son Français gratuitement :)
I remember reading something about its name changing cos of politics or money or the usual 'its my bat and ball and youre not playing!

as you may have realised its a long time since i did French in school :)

Excuse me if you already now this. You can create a PDF on a mac without the need for any additional software. From the Print Pop Up Window select PDF (bottom left corner) and then save as PDF.

Cheers

Andy

dedee":uz9jmxko said:
Excuse me if you already now this. You can create a PDF on a mac without the need for any additional software. From the Print Pop Up Window select PDF (bottom left corner) and then save as PDF.

Cheers

Andy
Just tried it Andy...so you can. Ain't IMac's wonderful? :mrgreen: - Rob

woodbloke":2x64qlo1 said:
dedee":2x64qlo1 said:

Cheers

Andy
Just tried it Andy...so you can. Ain't IMac's wonderful? :mrgreen: - Rob

and Ubuntu - print to file and choose pdf. :)

I stopped sending documents in Word as soon as I my first Mac. It is far to easy for a recipient to amend, deliberately or accidentally a Word type file even if it has been password protected. A PDF file, IMO is far more secure.

Andy

gregmcateer":1knzhnyi said:
dedee":1knzhnyi said:
I stopped sending documents in Word as soon as I my first Mac.

Andy

Does the Mac not have a 'does this sentence make sense' checker ? :lol: :lol:

The problem is that I have yet I've yet to find a keyboard (Mac or PC) that can type as fast as my brian :D :wink:

cheers

Andy

Our Brian can hardly write never mind trype. All keyboards are disleksick when I touch tham and it really is fun when I help our neighbour with their French 'AZERTY' keyboard :shock: All of the top row numbers are UPPERCASE! Along with the ful lstop! How dammed stupid can you get!

All their programmes are in French too :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back