M6x100 T bolts for T rack, anyone seen any?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for M6 T bolts for T track 100mm long with a knob like in the picture. 1/4" would be OK too and I wouldn't need the knob.
I can find 8mm at that length but they are for use with Incra hold-downs and they would be too big to pass through the hole.
I've lost count of the hours I've been looking online.

Attachments

• m6 t track bolt.PNG
    m6 t track bolt.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
When I made the stop block on my mitersaw workstation, I used a 60mm M6 carriage bolt and filed two flats on the head to fit in the T-track. The hardware store had plenty of M6 knobs, some with pass through holes and some with blind holes.

IMG_2719a.jpeg

IMG_3105.jpg

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

My biggest problem is my remoteness, almost everything is bought online.
I did find the screws below but the head is a couple of mm too narrow and I couldn't get the length.
My nearest decent hardware store is in Alba which is an hour away.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
I thought Leroy Merlin stores were everywhere, but after looking you are definitely not spoiled for choice. The best I could find were on the Italian Amazon site:

https://www.amazon.it/Bulk-Hardware-BH04826-Sottotesta-Finitura/dp/B01KQVPZC0/
https://www.amazon.it/Haobase-filettatura-interna-tramite-tensione/dp/B07RW9ZH4H/
The nearest Leroy is in Savona, about an hour away and I really wanted to try and find "proper" t track bolts with the shallow elongated head as they will be used in an inverted T slot cut into 15mm birch ply rather than an aluminium t track. There simply isn't the depth for a coach bolt.

Get some threaded rod and make them?
They slide in a slot so they still need heads. I made the mistake of making the jig using the 1/4"x20 incra bolts I have, but they are are only 2" long and not tall enough for the Incra hold down. I didn't think it would be this difficult. The jig is made of phenolic faced birch ply which I have to buy from Holland so it would be easier if I could find long M6 bolts

Try "Fai da te" or "Il bazaar" in Dogliani they have many bits hidden away.
An old Screwfix catalogue is handy for explaining what is needed.

Axminster do some expensive ones in 6 or 8 mm and upto 75 mm long UJK T-Slot Bolts (Pkt 10) or the kit Axminster 118 Piece All Metric Jig Making Kit or Rutlands version T Track Hardware Kit | Next Day Delivery

If you don't mind imperial threads then they seem to be more available in America, T-Slot Bolts-5/16 but available via Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/POWERTEC-QTB1008-4-Inch-20-2-Inch-20-Pack/dp/B07GS3YS9R

Then look at components for vehicles, this one is for a motorcycle Seat trim 'T' bolts but no info as to details.

I avoid T rack these days since using the Microjig system, it is just so adaptable and the parts easily available

Micro Jig MATCHFIT Dovetail Hardware Variety Pack and then look at the companies video's and you can see how adaptable this system is.

Axminster do some expensive ones in 6 or 8 mm and upto 75 mm long UJK T-Slot Bolts (Pkt 10) or the kit Axminster 118 Piece All Metric Jig Making Kit or Rutlands version T Track Hardware Kit | Next Day Delivery

If you don't mind imperial threads then they seem to be more available in America, T-Slot Bolts-5/16 but available via Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/POWERTEC-QTB1008-4-Inch-20-2-Inch-20-Pack/dp/B07GS3YS9R

Then look at components for vehicles, this one is for a motorcycle Seat trim 'T' bolts but no info as to details.

I avoid T rack these days since using the Microjig system, it is just so adaptable and the parts easily available

Micro Jig MATCHFIT Dovetail Hardware Variety Pack and then look at the companies video's and you can see how adaptable this system is.
I ordered some of the 75mm from Axminster as they were the closest I had found, the powertec are £41 a pack which I thought was a bit excessive.
Try with stud m6 and t-nut. E.g t nut m6 - Buy t nut m6 with free shipping | Banggood Shopping
Оtherwise, there is Juuma T-tracks 6x75mm.
The trouble with Bangood is I'm not sure of comaparbility. I did think of buying some threaded plates and stud but will they fit the track I have?

Latest posts

Back