M3 help requested

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FOURTH DAY

mitreoutw.jpg

Screws in place, blade checked as 90 degree to table, timber was square to start with.

45 degree cut is ok but look at the outside edge when held to my square :(

Hope the Record engineer dosen't take a sickie tomorrow.

Dev, get onto the Record guy and tell him to bring out a proper unit when he calls. Is the bar alu? It'll be well worn in a year or two.

Noel

Yes I think you are correct .

One of the bolt threads stripped a few minutes ago on the fence to ali bar

I have had to recess the ali bar and place a nut to hold the fence on the bar. :(

devonwoody":ek3dq8m2 said:
blade checked as 90 degree to table, timber was square to start with.

Assuming you mean vertically, have you checked that the blade is parallel to the tee slot, if not the wood will get pushed into or moved away from the blade as it passes by. Rest a known straight edge against the blade and measure at each end to tee slot.

Jason

Yes JasonB I have that problem as well.

I'll report back after Record engineers visit.

However I got fed up so I went to my AWS10 Axminster mitre saw and got a perfect cut, but because the pieces are small I am going to have to place a scrap length of timber behind workpiece to bind them to the saw fence.
Four days at the table saw 10 minutes at the chopsaw :(

mitresaw1w.jpg

mitresaw2w.jpg

Pleased to say the Record engineer called yesterday to schedule and it should turn out to be very worthwhile.

The blade carrying bearings on my TSPP250 table saw were adrift (incorrectly setup at manufacturers?) and consequentially each time the saw blade was raised or lowered a different and variable blade position ensued. I thought it was my tabletop floating!

So today I am going to prepare some new timber and hopefully my next set of mitres will turn out a success after 7 days of frustration.

The service involved the entire c.i. table top being lifted by three of us and set aside whilst service was performed so hopefully there won't be a reoccurrence.

With regard to the mitre fence sliding bar it looks like a call to an engineering firm and get hold of some 19mm and 24mm stainless steel engineering quality bar and make up a very posh arrangement.
I suppose you cant expect this sort of quality at the machines price when compared to top end prices for tablesaws.

Back