M20 1.5 spindle size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
About 2 ( maybe 3 ) years ago, i bought a multico junior lathe. It came with a faceplate, no chucks etc. I have previously ( 23 years ago 😂 ) had some turning experience, i made 2 lidded pots and a bowl. My memory is kinda fuzzy apart from the initial terror the first time i turned a blank into a round 😆 i remember the hard thumps as the chisel met the corners!
I have bought a woordturning book to remind me. I also have the chisels i got back then ( although they need attension )

Anyways, the multico has an m20 x 1.5mm thread and tonight i started looking into chucks. It seems my machine is a p.i.t.a for fittings.
I read this thread:
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/m20x1-5-to-1-x8tpi.49221/And i found a place that does threaded adaptors to go from 38 x 3mm to 20 x 1.5 ( westcountry machinery )

It seems i can then buy a nova chuck or sorby patriot that accepts inserts...
Do you guys have any recommendations between them? Im probably not buying just yet, but theres a few things i want to get round to doing at some point.....

Thank you, kev

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210905-233541_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-233541_eBay.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back