LYDL Stores

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
There have been two occasions where there has been a posting on this forum informing of a coming up Lydl store deal.

On both occasions I popped into our local store during the first morning and was told that the item had sold out.

Were these postings genuine or is the store doing a COME-ON??????
(perhaps with only a couple of the items in stock or whatever)
Just interested to know if other members ever got one of the offers.

in my experience, these deals are great value and VERY popular. I have seen queues outside Lidl stores on the deal opening date. They do have a lot of stock but usually it all goes on day 1

I confirm what wizer said is true internationally. I know of this phenomenon in the UK, ireland and France. People queue up to buy loads of the same thing. Builders queue up for all the tools stuff.
I bet you they sell them on again on the likes of Ebay.

If I was cynical, I'd think some of these 'special' offers are a type of 'loss leader' - a reliable old marketing chestnut. Put a few in the stores and it increases footfall. Of course, you might decide to make your trip worthwhile and pick up a few groceries while you're there...

i think you are absolutely right ike. however some of these 'deals' have turned out to be really good value. You have to be mindful of what you are buying.

I have to agree some of these are real bargains. I bought one of their shop hoover/extractors for my sister and she is well pleased with it. I forget how much it was but it was cheap. It has one of them power tool outlets which allows the vac to run on after the tool is turned off.
I went into the store about 2 in the afternoon and they still had plenty of them.

These "Bargains" are certainly loss leaders but there is nothing wrong with that especially if you get a real bargain. SWMBO goes in there now and again for the cheap fruit and veg, so it isn't as if we are shopping there just for the tool and end up buying something we would not have done.

I went there to get the digi caliper but they were all gone.

Regards

Woody

Recently Lidl had credit card size diamond sharpeners as a weekl special.
I went in on the Monday they were advertised to arrive only to find them all gone. I asked the manager about them only to be told he had them in the previous week and they had sold out immediately.
They had been put out on the Thursday instead of the next Monday. :cry:
Aldi had opened locally a few months ago but it it seldom has more than half a dozen shoppers as it is close to a Tesco store that most in that area have used for years.
I went in for some cheap router cutters they had advertised.
A set of 12 for £4.99 so I bought 2 sets.
They were stil there for the next few weeks so I bought another set each time.
The week after I bought the last set they had routers for under £20.
These were also there for many weeks.
This was bad marketing on their part.
If the routers and cutters had been there at the same time they would both have sold out much sooner.

Hi Dewy,

My experience with the diamond sharpening stones is what caused me to write this thread.

Did anyone see the sharpening cards at Lydl?

Back